Monday, August 17, 2009

Got 'hung!'

Can't believe I'm saying this but wholemeal bread tastes good. Especially when eaten with egg and tuna mayo (just half a teaspoon) and some cut up lettuce. I watched as older prince bit into the healthful egg mayo wholemeal sandwich I made for him. No violent protests. No dagger stares. Score!

This is significant as older prince is one of those who rolls his eyes at me when I grab a multi-grain loaf or bought some purportly health food. He doesn't care for this healthy eating crap. He just wants real food that makes his taste buds happy. Ditto for the rest of the family.

But the 'brain' of the family recently got 'hung' (scared in hokkien) by a medical report on the sorry state of her health - high blood pressure, high sugar level and low iron and low healthy red blood cells, and a weight that is not exactly Kate Moss category (actually more like Jennifer Hudson category). So begins the quest for healthy living. Goodbye to my beloved oreo cheese cake and sticky chewy chocolate ice-cream and hello spinach and wholemeal.

As I journey through this squeaky clean, semi-sweet land, my beloved friends and dear ones, please bear with my grumpiness and my inevitable hatred for you as you munch on your chocolate donut. I'm, afterall, just human. A miserable sugar-deprived human...

No comments: