Thursday, October 15, 2009

Arriving at destination...

Recently, my hubby decided to outsource his job of directing me to places to a Garmin GPS for a low low price of $169. I guess it's worth its salt if it means lesser arguments about unclear instructions and exploring more places in his absence.

We tried it out the first few days and the princes were tickled by the GPS going 'recalculating' or 'u-turn when possible' whenever we took a different route from what the GPS recommended. We joked that the GPS some times kept very quiet because she was having her tantrums or PMS and that maybe we should change it to a male voice which may be less talkative.

I have mixed feelings about the GPS. When my hubby is overseas, I feel more secure going to places with it but some times, the direction it gives is different from what seems to be the correct route and it can be frustrating because I can't scold this damn thing or ask it questions. In such situations, I have to re-activate it to re-direct. According to a friend, Singapore is very small, so it's impossible to get lost. I disagree. Anyway, what I love about this machine is that I can save some favourite locations and there is an icon that that says 'Go home'. I feel safe knowing that even if I got lost, I will somehow find my way home. I hope.

3 comments:

FlatFlatCat said...

Darn, I have been replaced by a machine!

FlatFlatCat said...

I still stick to my golden directional rule, "just go straight and soon you will hit a road you know"... Tid Tid Gyah...

eunice said...

think of it as you having more time to focus on talking to your frens instead of directing. your tid tid gyah only works bec you have a good sense of your surroundings. for me, my instinct is to just keep turning bec i'm afraid i will drive to the other end of s'pore. but i really had a lot of fun with you as my gps :)