Sunday, August 17, 2008

Switzerland - 8 Aug 2008 - Bellevue, Stauffacher and Langstrasse

Switzerland... Day 5...


Today, uncle tan had very kindly offered to take us to a few places to shop for my wind-breaker and other things. We started off in Bellevue, Zurich old town. The boys left me to shop while they climbed the towers. Whew!


Behind us is supposedly the biggest clock face in the world. I discover that Switzerland has many 'biggest' or 'best' things in the world or in europe. Either this is not a modest country or the rest of the world needs work.



This is a view from the tower taken by the boys.


On our way to Stauffacher, we saw this construction worker and recall ah kin told us the day before that she liked to watch the construction workers in swit as they had very nice rock hard bodies. We showed her this photo of her 'rock hard body' construction worker in the evening and we all had a good laugh.


Most of the wind-breaker for ladies were just too long for me, so in the end, I bought a kid wind-breaker for SF79.90 (about S$100) from Ochsner Sport. I love the fit, the fabric (windproof and waterproof and very durable) and the colour (the red is a cross between orange and peach). It was perfect and I would not have found it if not for uncle tan. We bought the Rukka wind-breaker at his office building, which is a shopping centre at Sihlcity. Uncle tan and my hubby also each bought some stuff from C&A, a department store that sells pretty decent and non-expensive stuff.



This is an interesting chair that doubles up as a toy for kids. While waiting for the boys, I was sitting on this chair beside a man. When he got up, I nearly fell off. He quickly apologised. It's not his fault really. He probably assumed I knew and would stand up as well.

Dinner time! Ah kin cooked stewed pork (I think), fried veg and eggs. It was a yummy meal. My hubby gave ah kin a cooking tip for fried eggs - always add some water to the egg mixture before frying. Ah kin tried it the next time and loved the texture.


On our way to Langstrasse, the geylang of Zurich, and me wearing my new wind-breaker. When we reached the tram stop near her house, ah kin gestured me to the phone booth and slowly opened the door, grinning happily, as if she found some treasure. Her ingenuity to get some shelter from the cold wind and her actions tickled me so much I couldn't stop laughing, so my hubby took a photo of us. I was trying to stifle some giggles.

The 'sight-seeing' trip to zurich geylang was disappointing. We saw many sex clubs with 'performances' but no street walkers. Maybe zurich has a law against street-walkers. The sex shops were also closed. What a bore. I guess that's how you measure the cost of living and wealth of a country - there are more sex clubs than sex shops and no street walkers.

No comments: