Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lana Chocolate Cake Rules!

My all time favourite chocolate cake is Lana. I have tried so many good chocolate cakes from so many good bakeries but my heart still thumps for Lana. Somehow the simple moist dense texture and the fragrance of chocolate gets me all excited. Many chocolate cakes out there are simply not 'cakey' enough. They are either too mushy or too rich or trying too hard to hit your taste bud too fast with too many things. I can savour my Lana cake slowly without any accompaniments. It's a simple old fashion chocolate cake that is oh so good. For the past 2 or 3 years, I have requested my hubby for a Lana for my birthday. This year is no different.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't know it was your birthday. Happy Birthday!!! Wishing you health and happiness always! :)

I love lana cakes too but the aunty there quite tau. Another place that comes quite close is Jane's Cake Station at Jalan Kayu. Can try.